1. My backyard looks like the aftermath of when the house fell on the wicked witch in Oz. There is stuff e-va-re-where. When I took Winnie potty in the middle of the night, I honestly thought she was going to blow away. I used to think hawks or children leaving the gate open were the biggest threat to Winnie evacuating the backyard. Nope nope nopety nope nope. It’s the gusts of wind off the prairie behind the house. Winnie spent the entire day pretty much sleeping in the sun in the backyard. She loves being outside. I want to buy her a doghouse so she has shield from the wind when she’s wants to be out back, but I’m terribly afraid anything I can’t secure will turn into a UFO. We live about 10 feet from an airfield so I don’t think that’s a good idea.
2. The kids rediscovered their tablets this week. Coincidentally, Laurel rediscovered circumventing parental controls and buying movies on Amazon. Barbie didn’t need my money- since she’s had 736 careers, but we are giving it all to her $5 at a time.
3. Clara and I did a socially distanced birthday photoshoot at Garden of the Gods today. We were outdoors but it was teeming with people and so we wore our masks. I cannot tell you how many people commented and were RUDE about it. Actually, I can. The answer is 6. This is my disclaimer for some of you and then I will return to happy things: IDNGAF if you do or do not wear your mask. I will not comment on it. I will not give you dirty looks. YOU. DO. YOU. Imma do me. But, like, why are you so obsessed with me? Anyway. My daughter is beautiful- inside and out.
4. I gotta convince the girls to clean up their room so I can blow up 50 balloons and put them all over their floor when I get up to take Winnie out at 1. Y’all would not believe the amount of LEGO warfare on the floor of that room. If you’re wondering when we put all 3 girls in one room, the answer is never. Somehow they all end up in the same bed every night because… I actually don’t know why. I prefer to sleep starfished out. The girls prefer to sleep sideways on the Queen sized bed like 3 little piggies in a blanket. I must admit it’s pretty much the cutest and makes my heart explode.
5. Last, but absolutely not least, I need to do Clara’s birthday slideshow. Her slideshow from last year popped up in my memories today and I couldn’t hardly watch it without getting that feeling in my stomach like I was about to properly lose it in the Walmart grocery pick-up parking spot. I say every single year that she has grown so much and I can’t believe she’s [insert age]. Seriously though, I can’t. I don’t know how I will ever find the words to tell her just how much she means to me.